This includes people who want to do a Training or an Internship in the Federal Republic of Germany and looking for Training or Internship VISA.
Required Documents for a Training/Internship VISA
- Fully completed application form & declaration duly signed
- Two passport photographs (strict requirements, see this page for details)
- Valid national passport
- 1 copy of your passport’s data page (A4 size copy)
- Confirmation letter from your health insurance stating coverage for emergency medical or hospitalization with a minimum of 30,000 Euros.
- Flight reservation, rail tickets, others.
- Proof of accommodation for your entire stay in Germany
- Deputation/no-objection letter of your local employer
- Approval letter from German company confirming conditions of your stay in Germany, including payment
- Consent letter from “Bundesagentur für Arbeit” (Federal Employment Agency / ZAV), if applicable
- Proof of qualification (diploma, academic degree certificate or mark sheets)
- Proof of civil status: Marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse
Where and how to apply for a Training/Internship VISA
You should apply at your home country’s German Embassy. First-time applicants have to submit the application form along with the required documents in person. Frequent travelers may submit their application and documents via an agent or a travel agency.
It is recommended you apply for a visa at least 3 weeks before your travel date to meet any processing delays.
Paying the VISA Fee
Applicants have to pay the visa fees by a bank transfer. Check’s or credit cards are not accepted. The money order must be in the name of the Consulate in your home country and not be older than two months. Cost of a visa as of 2008 is 60 Euro.
Please note the visa fees will not be reimbursed in case of the visa being rejected and the price is subject to change at any time.